
I should really get back into blogging for the moment and not leaving it for another day when the moment has passed and could also be forgotten. Foolish.
I watched a great movie recently, The Pursuit of Happyness. It's a must watch in my view and I'll definitely watch it again, and again, and over again. Just so I know, that we're on a better side of the fence today.
Moreover, I was so glued to Smith's portrayl of Gardner in where he dug deep into his reserves and manifested true feelings and emotions of what may have been the actual situation during the days of Gardner's life. But I was stoked, moved and truly touched. I felt for him, I felt for me in a different parallel layer if I may express so.
A movie that keeps my senses zoned, a chance that I may not breathe for a few moments in a movie is a great movie to me anytime.
As a father, as a man, as a husband and a person in the hope and need to join the rat race, the one shot in life that he had to make or break him; all that inner emotions and feelings were deeply felt by me. I just went w-o-w.
The father-son relationship on the basketball court left me heavy for quite a number of days. Smith spoke to his son after the game:-
I remembered the year when I had to write my dad a father's day card and I didn't know how to begin. In the end, my words were few and right from the heart that till today, nothing much is said but an understanding deep within in which words shall never be spoken. Only the tender eyes of reflection will be my upkeep. In which I wrote, "Anyone can be a father, but never anyone can be a dad like you".
Labels: movie moments


0 Responses to “The Pursuit of Happyness”
Post a Comment